Tuesday, January 14, 2014

7 Days to Die - Project Awesome House (Day 3)

Ditch Digging

Digging the ditch deep enough to kill zombies with fall damage is the worst commitment I ever made.  Shaving through rocks with an auger took about 3 days to totally complete the ditch.  I did come up with a little bit of a short cut and I imagine it probably saved me a few hours.  So here's the shortcut.  If you want a ditch 3 blocks across then you dig on either side for about 3 blocks tall and go all the way to the end.  Then you take out the last row and the middle row will simply fall off.  An illustration is provided below.

Figure 1 - How to dig a ditch

Figure 2 - How to dig a ditch

After some grueling work, it is finally done.  Isn't it magnificent?  Unfortunately it won't kill bloated zombies on fall because I heard they require about 40 blocks deep to kill and I'm not about to spend a month just digging.

Figure 3 - Final form of ditch

No comments:

Post a Comment